At SeretisCare Family Practice, you’ll find professionals who understand your unique healthcare needs.
We offer comprehensive care for women of all ages. From adolescent services to post-menopausal care, we can take care of you to make you feel confident, comfortable and secure.
What’s more, the Health center offers on-site mammography and ultrasound for your convenience.
Minor Surgical Procedures
Minor surgery may involve making a skin incision or the use of liquid nitrogen for cryotherapy, performed to repair skin damage or arrest disease under local anesthesia using lidocaine, marcaine or novacaine. Most minor surgeries take less than 15 minutes, but this depends on the condition being treated. Treatments performed under local anesthesia include:
- Removal of skin tags
- Warts (Verruca) destruction
- Removal of Moles (Nevi)
- Biopsy of growths
- Joint injections
- Trigger point injections
- Endometrial biopsy sampling
- Treatment of burns
- Removal of Fatty tumors (lipomas)
- Treatment of in-growing toe nails
- Removal of Penile & vaginal warts (Condyloma accuminata)
- Removal of skin cysts or draining an abscess (boil)
- Biopsy of pre-cancerous and cancerous skin lesions
- Laceration repair of skin & soft tissue
- Biopsy of vulvar & cervical polyps
- Foreign body removal from skin and soft tissues
- and many more conditions
If you suffer from knee pain, have problems walking or climbing stairs comfortably, and don’t get enough pain relief from your current medication(s), you may suffer from osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee.
What is OA of the knee?
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a disease that affects the joints. It is the most common form of arthritis and affects nearly everyone by the age of 70. Normally, smooth cartilage or cushion cover and protects the ends of your bones and makes a fluid that provides joint lubrication and extra cushioning. If you have osteoarthritis, the smooth cartilage wears away and the joint loses its natural lubricating and cushioning fluid which causes a grinding action of bone and cartilage.
There are many factors that may contribute to OA of the knee including:
- Overuse of the knee joint
- Job or sports related injuries
- Being overweight
- Family history of OA
OA can lead to one or more of the following symptoms:
- Joint pain with movement
- Joint stiffness especially in the morning and with standing
- Limited joint motion
- Redness and swelling around the joint
Colon Cancer Screening
Colon Cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in the United States, but is one of the easiest cancers to dignose and cure if detected early with a colonoscopy. It is also preventable when pre-cancerous polyps are found and removed on a timely basis by an experienced specialist.
At SeretisCare Family Practice, screening for colon cancer is part of the routine care for all adults starting at the age of 50 and earlier for those with a family history of colon cancer or symptoms of bowel habit changes. Patients with a family history should be screened at age 40 or 10 years earlier than the age at which their relative developed colon cancer.
SeretisCare Family Practice offers office evaluations and treatment of minor orthopedic and sports-related injuries. Dr. Seretis provides a focused approach to the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and disorders. Dr. Seretis advises patients and families regarding injury prevention. Types of patients seen in the office range from the weekend athlete to the non-athlete. Clinical services offered include:
- Comprehensive pre-participation physical examinations of student athletes
- Comprehensive evaluation and treatment of all physical injuries
- Osteopathic manipulative techniques focusing on back and neck injuries
- Joint and muscle injections
- Splinting and on-site X-ray
- Posture evaluations
Weight management is more than the latest diet program. Weight management strives to help people achieve better health through a monitored weight loss program combined with exercise and behavior modification. By helping you to understand your nutriution, and addressing any medical issues, SeretisCare can help you control your weight and improve your overall health. Our goals are to provide:
- Dietary & nutritional counseling
- Medical supervision by our physician, physician assistant and medical staff
- Behavior modification for healthy lifestyle changes
- Learn more about weight loss
Learn more about our program and how SeretisCare can work with you to achieve your personal goals in our weight loss program brochure. DOWNLOAD IT HERE.
The treatment of mental health is taken seriously at SeretisCare. In a confidential, compassionate and supportive environment, we strive to make you as comfortable as possible and ensure you receive quality care while helping you cope successfully with your issues. We provide up-to-date clinical knowledge that will help you achieve optimal well being.
All services are strictly confidential.
Clinical services offered include:
- Concise mental health screening
- Complete mental health assessment
- Medication management for psychiatric disorders
Dr. Seretis believes that patient education is an essential element of the quality care we provide to the diabetic population of our community. We strongly emphasize the concepts of self-management and patient responsibility. We promote these concepts through a team approach designed to provide patients, their families, and friends the needed information in the area of medical, psychosocial, and behavioral skills in order to maintain optimal health.
Clinical services available include:
- Physician management for inpatients and outpatients
- Intensive diabetes management for Type 1, Type 2 and Gestational
- Medication and Insulin therapy
- Foot Care
- Management of other endocrine disorders (adrenal, pituitary, parathyroid, & thyroid)
- Cholesterol management
- Supportive, knowledgeable, and compassionate staff
499 Beckett Road, # 201; Logan Township, NJ 08085. PHONE: 856.467.6400